Thursday, July 24, 2008

X-Files: Scully, it has been 15 years and you still don't believe?

The X-files first entered in to our consciousness in 1993. Now 15 years later and Chris Carter is bringing it back to the silver screen in the second feature length movie for FBI agents Moulder and Scully. This foray into the lives of Agent Fox Moulder and Agent Dana Scully, allow us, the viewer to become more attached to our favorite paranormal obsessed FBI Agents, well Moulder is obsessed, but Scully is still having problems believing.

I will admit, I have always liked this show. Watched it when it was on television, saw the first movie, and was super excited when they announced Chris Carter was making a second film, but I never understood why Scully was still a skeptic on the show. She deals with constant paranormal activity, Moulder continually gives her reasons to believe, but for some reason Scully still has to explain away everything. If anyone has watched the show, not everything on that show is explain-away-able. Seriously Dana, the truth is out there.

As someone who has always been on Moulder’s side (I do believe. I am here for you Fox), I never understood why Scully still doubts. Ok, I understand that this is a television show and that the constant banter between Moulder and Scully is necessary for the show to continue for all the years, but there is only so much room for suspension of disbelief. I have hope for this new movie, that Scully will finally come to her senses and believe, hence the name (even though that has been a tagline for the show for pretty much its entirety). Come on Scully, believe, oh and get with Moulder already.

X-Files: I Want to Believe opens tomorrow everywhere.


No comments: