Thursday, October 30, 2008

Nooo David Tennant, NOOO!

Upon hearing David Tennant's announcement that he will be done as the 10th incarnation of the Doctor after these forthcoming four specials for this year, I cried, yelled, and cried again. Apparently he had already decided going into the role in 2005 that he was only going to do it for three years. Three years? Three years for the Doctor? Seriously. You are considered one of the top actors in British television and you felt it was only suitable stay in the role for three years? I understand that you don't want to be typecasted or whatever other stupid reasons for leaving the show, but you don't understand the necessary reasons for you to stay on the television series. Here are my reasons why you, David Tennant, should rethink this stupid decision to leave Doctor Who:

1. You are my favorite Doctor. This was a hard decision for me of course. You cannot make these decisions lightly. Really, it was down between you and Tom Baker, the fourth doctor, and you. I always like Tom Baker's awesome scarf, but your sassy sense of humor totally beat him out. Besides, your incarnation's knowledge of pop culture totally won me over.


2. You made Geek Chic awesome again. Who can pull off a better skinny suit than you?




3. The Doctor can only regenerate 12 times. That means he only has two more shots at it, which also means you, David Tennant, are making the possibility of Doctor Who lasting longer than Top Gear, a slim possibility. Only three more people can become the Doctor. Maybe those people will stick around longer than three years.




4. As much as a love Doctor Who, I totally get confused whenever a regeneration occurs. I am already used to one face, character, incarnation, and then I have to suddenly get used to another face, character, incarnation. This is hard work. Super hard work. Not only will I have to get used to another Doctor, but most likely another companion, unless you pick up one in these specials that you are using as a nice gesture for your early departure.

5. I have to wait an entire year until they introduce the next Doctor, so during all of these specials I am just going to keep thinking that you are going to die or something bad is going to happen (which I guess death is also bad too, but I couldn't think of any other examples). I am also going to be thinking who the next Doctor is going to be, and then when they announce who the next Doctor is, I will just start imagining them in the role, instead of you. How does that make you feel?



David Tennant, you have made me sad.

No comments: