Friday, September 5, 2008

Friday means football...

...but since I don't watch football, it means I am sad that Friday Night Lights is not on NBC's fall schedule. Me and the 50 people that watch it are crying ourselves to sleep every night because the fate of the Dillion Panthers until who knows when. Well until its slated return for January 2009. It still makes me sad because cannot bask in the amazingly addictive programming that is Friday Night Lights until 6 months from now. The music, characters, cinematography, even the football at times just pull you in like an ice cream truck or The Mighty Ducks when you are 10 (or 21). Until January 2009, the third season of FNL (that is what the fanboys are calling it) will air on Direct TV's channel 101, which means unless you buy crap television like Direct TV (or live in the boonies Mom and Dad), I will not be able to watch until January which is when I will be forced to watch on network television to keep this show afloat.


Until then, seasons 1 and 2 can be watched on NBC.com because at least NBC can back a dying television show unlike some networks (FOX, yes, I am talking to you. I am still mad about Firefly and Wonderfalls).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

so they will renew that garbarge, but fox couldnt renew firefly.

im sure its a decent show, but how can you of all people like a television show about football.

uhhh Angie, duh said...

totally different station. Besides, it is great television and I watch (most of the time) great television. Don't hate before you appreciate (ha, that rhymes)